Saturday, August 29, 2009

Who would benefit?

We are all constantly prodded to "go green" because supposedly the planet is undergoing a warming trend. Most of mainstream science seems to support this idea. This is causing an increase in interest in alternative energy technologies. Some of which have actually been around for many years, but have been mostly ignored by the public until now. The other day I bought a collection of "In Search Of" episodes on dvd. One of those episodes is called "Coming Ice Age" This theory also had a lot of scientific support in the late 70's. By now you're probably wondering what this all has to do with Bigfoot. Well, I'll tell you. With two such opposing theories as global warming & a coming ice age, both with support from the scientific community, I'm starting to wonder if science may be vulnerable to lobbyists. And if science is vulnerable to lobbyists, what industry or industries, if any, would benefit from scientific support of the Bigfoot phenomenon? Maybe if we could figure out if any industries would benefit from the existence of Bigfoot, we could appeal to them for funding to further research. The only industry I can think of is tourism though
P.S.
West Virginia's record high temperature of 112 °F (44 °C) was recorded at Martinsburg on July 10, 1936, and at Moorefield on Aug. 4, 1930.

2 comments:

  1. Anywhere money is found you can be sure that lobbyists will not be far away. However,I do believe that global warming is 100 percent real. This summer was not bad at all but 15 of the hottest summers on record have occured within the last 20 years. I dont need anyone to tell me that the planet is changing,I can look at the wildlife and insects in my area and see the change. The fauna and flora are radically different than what it was in the 70's. When I was growing up in the early 70's(43 now),I can remember you couldnt take a step in my yard without stepping on a honeybee,now...rarely do I see one anywhere near my yard. Same with dragonflies,butterflies etc...they used to be a normal part of summer but I have not seen one dragonfly this summer and only a handful of butterflies. Even birds are not as plentiful as they were when I was a child. I do notice that we have more crow,gnats,mosquitoes and flies than ever. Yes,our planet is changing and we would be foolish to listen to right-wing rhetoric that deny the facts. They are motivated by big money corporate greed. What does this mean for sasquatch? I have no idea,but I would guess that it would have the same effect that it does on humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely see honey bees anymore either. But there are birds all over the place here in Kingwood. We even occasionally get Sea Gulls in the parking lot of the local shopping plaza. Not sure why there since they are in the upper part of the lot & the only two restaurants in the plaza are in seperate buildings in the lower part of the lot. But they are there. Occasionally I see Dragonflies in my yard. This is odd because the nearest body of clean water is miles away

    ReplyDelete