Friday, August 21, 2009

Seeking feedback from mainstream science

A few days ago I received an interesting trail cam video that may or may not be a black bear. I am reluctant to post it on any Bigfoot forums at this point because I would like several opinions from bear & other experts first. After several unsuccessful attempts at e-mailing it to a couple of experts, I uploaded it to my website & then e-mailed the page link to the experts. Chris Ryan, leader of the West Virginia Black Bear Project, says it could be anything with black or dark fur & Dr. Lynn Rogers hasn't replied yet. I also posted it on a Biology forum & ageneral science discussion forum. The only replies from them so far is one person says it's probably a black bear. But the way he phrased it, I suspect he thought I was inquiring if it could be a different species of bear. All of this is leading up to the point of my post. That we sometimes get accused of only sharing potential evidence with fellow Bigfoot researchers, but often when we do attempt to share something with the mainstream scientific community, we get little or no feedback. Another incident that happened to me was a month or so ago, I got the idea that possibly touch DNA testing of the dirt a possible Bigfoot track was left in, might yield some DNA. I made a few different inquiries for more info on touch DNA to different labs & got no replies. So what are we suppose to do? Continue to try to get the opinions of mainstream science? Or just forget that, knowing the opinions of our fellow researchers carries absolutely no weight whatsoever with the mainstream scientific community?

2 comments:

  1. I've also got some dried mud from a finger
    print. But the lab I sent my hair samples to
    are not very responsive, so I'm searching for
    a better place to send my present samples.

    I can't find your trailcam pic of the
    bear/bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have removed the video because most of the opinions I received were very inconclusive & the more I looked at it myself, the more I saw a bear cub. Also the friends of the man who sent the video to me, felt it was a bear

    ReplyDelete