Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trail cams


The other night on "Nite Callers" the producer of "Monsterquest" reccomended a Reconyx trail cam. He said it was a 3.1 mexapixel IR trail cam, but didn't know how much it cost because his were donated to him. Since most of us don't have the luxury of having things donated to us, I decided to check into this particular trail cam. It's $600!! Since I very seriously doubt that a 3.1 megapixel image would ever convince a skeptic of anything, I decided there had to be a better, more affordable option out there somewhere. I remembered one of my friends had some good IR trail cam pics of deer on his Facebook page, so I decided to find out what kind of trail cam he uses. He uses a "Wildview IR" The one he uses is only a $99 one. But a Google search found a Wildvie IR Extreme for only $119. It's 5.0 megapixel & has the burst feature that allows it to take a series of images so fast that it looks like video AND it has video capability

No comments:

Post a Comment