Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's time to get on the same page

From what I've learned from various science forums, the main problem mainstream science seems to have with Bigfoot research is this. We don't have one overall hypothesis for what Bigfoot is. Some believe Bigfoot is an ape, some believe Bigfoot is a hominid, and still others believe Bigfoot is some type of supernatural being. Possibly an alien from another planet. It's high time we check our egos at the door & work together to solve this mystery. The most important thing is proving these creatures exist so they can be protected from extinction. Who proves it, shouldn't matter to any of us. The first step in working together is, as I mentioned earlier, developing ONE hypothesis for what Bigfoot is. The second step is to develop standards for research techniques and evidence collection. Once these standards are in place, we can begin to determine if the hypothesis is correct. If the research determines the first hypothesis is incorrect, we can use that research to formulate a new hypothesis & begin the whole process again until we either prove Bigfoot exists or it doesn't. Since I have personally never had a sighting or found any evidence, I'm not 100% convinced of their existence. Remember, an open mind has to work both ways. Some people think we should worry about proving if they exist first, then if they do, we can start worrying about what they are and that's okay, except for one thing. It's easier to find your quarry if you know what you're looking for

4 comments:

  1. I just got through reading your posts on the Science Forums. Pretty tough bunch there. You bring out valid points here and I think that this is where the W.V.B.I.G. forum would come into play for a discussion.I have not seen a BF either but based on my trips into the field,the sounds I have heard,the heavy footfalls after a call blast,the 2 woodknocks(Actuallt they were pole/wood knocks.Done on a metal fence pole at a cemetery in Summers county directly behind my tent at 4:30 in the morning), the footprint find,I know I have been close.Like you I am out to prove it to myself now and the world later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the tips & advice Robert W. Morgan offers in his Bigfoot Pocket Field Manual are more about proving it to yourself. Of course if you learn how to come in contact with them, you may be lucky enough to come across proof someday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn’t agree with you more, very well said. I am one of the fortunate ones who has had a sighting and do not need to prove their existence to myself. Proving their existence to mainstream science will be a major undertaking either way you look at it. Mainstream science wants hard evidence, be it a body or a body part. Not that I would pull the trigger, but I have come to accept the fact that is what it will take.

    As you said opinions vary from one researcher to the next as to what they are. I have been researching for over twelve years now and have been in very active areas, but have yet to form a hypothesis as to what they are. I do know they are flesh and blood and are not aliens. LOL!

    There needs to be a united front but that will never happen. Too many are in it for the fame and glory and to make a name for themselves. I could care less about making a name for myself, and do know their habits are being leveled on a day to day basis in Texas and they are in need of protection.

    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would even go so far as to say that the scientists who are willing to say the existence of Bigfoot is at least a possibility, should offer free testing of evidence to us amateurs, but those results would never be accepted anyway because those scientists aren't considered objective. Even though their belief that Bigfoot exists is based on their research

    ReplyDelete